Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Is this a problem?

Today I came back from a long day at school and was ready to start on my math home work that I didn't finish on the bus or at school.
I was working on it  ( while my mom was helping me with the problems I wasn't sure on ) for about and hour. When I finished my math homework, my mom and I did some extra problems to help me understand them better. I was getting a little frustrated because i was done with my home work and was ready to go and do...what ever. After about a half an hour I was done with EVERYTHING! I was going up stares to my room when my mom called to me, " don't forget to do your violin..." That is when i had my break down. UGH I had totally forgotten about it! Why can't I just take a break?! Is it to much to ask? Yes, in my mind. I wont let my self take a break until ALL  of my work is done. My family urges me to take break, but I wont! ( Even to me this can be very annoying. ) I was in a fury I didn't want to! I was fighting me and it hurt! I was crying and making a big deal out of something that wasn't that big!
After I got over my melt down, I went and did my violin. Honestly to tell you the truth after a couple of minutes of playing, I enjoyed it. ( Like I usually do. )
but it struck me then that I made a big deal out of nothing. And that people in the world have bigger problems than mine. i have to stop and think if what I am doing is truly a problem or if I am just making it one. I mean, I didn't die or anything. I was simply asked to do my violin after I took a break. But made it into a melt down fest. this is just something to think about in our every day lives.Is this a problem, or am I making it one?

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha . . . I needed to hear this today. I made a great big fuss out of everything. "Is this a problem, or am I making it one?" is a great question because you can USE it. :D

    Nice post! You're off to a fabulous start. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marissa,

    I liked your words. Even adults make this mistake. Is it truly a problem, or am I just making it one? I will try to remember this in my life too!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make mountains out of molehills too. Crazy. It is important to take those breaks. And maybe . . . if something upsets you like that . . . I wonder, is it really because another issue is bugging you? That is how it usually is with me.

    ReplyDelete